- Wine is the New Coffee
- Beer for Rocket Scientists
- Portland is Brewing Amazing French-Style Farmhouse Ales
- 6 Negronis to Get Eric Ripert Buzzed
- Melissa Perello’s Favorite Fall Cocktail
- Eric Banh’s First Eggnog
- 6 Drinks to Make with Eau-de-Vie (A.K.A. Napa Valley Moonshine)
- How to Winterize a Gin and Tonic
- Start Your Beer Cellar with this Porter
- A Funkier Kind of Sparkling
Jacques Pépin's favorite holiday cocktail is the perfect low-alcohol drink.
After a night on the line, most chefs have a go-to drink, from cheap beer to a house bartender’s expert cocktail. Here, star chefs reveal their favorite drinks.
During the holiday season, chef Jacques Pépin makes a cocktail inspired by Julia Child’s husband, Paul, who used to mix up reverse martinis (lots of vermouth, a little gin). “I call mine a Reverse Manhattan,” Pépin says. “It’s made with bourbon and vermouth in the opposite ratios as in a real Manhattan—several ounces of sweet vermouth, a lot of ice and a wedge of lime, with only one or two tablespoons of bourbon. I like a regular Manhattan, too, but this one’s easier to drink.”