- Raisin Bread Can Explain the Entire Universe
- How an Englishman Brought Iced Tea to the Masses
- Can Mushrooms Make You Immortal?
- How Napoleon Armed His Soldiers with Baguettes
- The Origins of Nachos, Coffee’s Effect on Goats and More Fun Food Facts
- The Pious Origins of the Pretzel
- Who Was Suzette and How Did She Inspire Delicious, Flaming Crêpes?
- For 50 Painful Years, You Needed a Bayonet to Open a Can
- Could Swearing at Your Basil Plant Make it Grow?
- Why You Might Get a Stick of Dynamite If You Order a Taco
1. Dana is happy as a clam & full of beans today. The icing on the cake? It’s #FoodClichéFriday!
2. Don’t drink like a fish—drink through a fish. Isinglass, which is used to clarify beer, is made from the dried swim bladders of fish.
3. The word “waffle” comes from Old High German “waba” (honeycomb) & Old English “wefan” (to weave).
4. Jamaican breadfruit doesn’t taste like bread or fruit. It tastes like potatoes!
5. Don’t be duped: drupes are fruits! The drupe family includes mangos, apricots, cherries, olives. Essentially, it’s any fruit with flesh around a stone.