- The Ultimate Wine Party Snack
- Top 10 Winter Wines for $20 or Less
- How to Pour Wine Without Dripping
- 11 Best Things to Drink with Southern Food
- How the Experts Wash a Wine Glass
- A Cheater's Guide to Good, Cheap French Wine
- 3 Red Wines to Drink with Oysters
- 6 Uco Valley Wines to Buy Now
- 50 Amazing Wines for $15 or Less
- 4 Wine-Pairing Rules for Your Roasts
Before launching their much-anticipated new Manhattan restaurant, Charlie Bird, sommelier Robert Bohr and chef Ryan Hardy organized a wine tasting and dinner centered around a fantastic roast chicken recipe. Here, Bohr and his sommelier wife Jordan Salcito offer their favorite pairings.
2007 Bellus Girasole ($28)
Bohr loves its leafy, herbal notes.
2008 Fattorie Romeo del Castello Vigo Etna Rosso ($46)
Volcanic soil gives this red a firm acidity.
2010 Paolo Bea Santa Chiara ($46)
An intense white blend from Umbria.
2011 Venica & Venica Malvasia ($27)
A zesty, tart white from Italy’s Friuli region.
2010 Monastero Suore Cistercensi Coenobium Rusticum ($29)
A dense white from a convent in Lazio.
2011 Arianna Occhipinti SP68 ($40)
A vivid, slightly wild blend of Nero d’Avola and Frappato from Sicily.
Read More: An Italian Wine-Pairing Summit