- A Chardonnay for Relaxing on the Couch
- My First House White
- 3 Terrific Wines to Pair with Short Ribs
- An $11 Spanish Red Made from a Grape You've Never Heard Of
- A Red to Drink with Porchetta
- 3 Cheap Wines to Pair with Salads
- 3 Bottles From France’s Best Value Region
- A Côtes du Rhône for Stews and Roasts
- A Malbec That Speaks French
- 5 Wines to Pair with Roast Chicken
Wine expert Noel Sherr reveals his favorite bottle costing less than $17. This selection is a lesser-known grape that makes light, perfumy reds.
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Noel Sherr, owner of Cave Taureau wines in Durham, North Carolina
Why: Grown in Piedmont in northwestern Italy, Freisa is a lesser-known grape that makes light, perfumy reds. “This one is absolutely delightful with juicy purple fruits, and a very pretty nose of rose petal and spice,” says Sherr. The wine really comes alive when chilled slightly, he says.
Kristin Donnelly is a former Food & Wine editor and cofounder of Stewart & Claire, an all-natural line of lip balms made in Brooklyn.