- Revealed: This Year's James Beard Foundation Awards Restaurant and Chef Semifinalists
- It's Healthy to Visit the Pub, Says Oxford Anthropologist
- Pepsi Is Opening a Cocktail Bar
- This London Bar Is Making Wine-Free Wines
- A Bartending Legend is Taking Over One of the Country's Top Tiki Bars
- 5 Corn Cocktails That Scream Summer
- The Anatomy of a Perfect Bar
- Test Your Bartending Mettle at Anvil Bar’s Blind Spirits Tasting
- What Happens When the Man Behind Sushi Nakazawa Takes on NYC Icon Chumley’s
- LA's Best New Speakeasy
In our December issue, we give a food-and-design-savvy insider’s guide to Miami’s Design District —a must-read for anyone headed to Art Basel Miami Beach. The sister fair to Art Basel Switzerland—and the most important art fair in the U.S.—kicks off tomorrow and runs through the weekend. Here, insider’s tips on where to eat and shop while navigating the art-filled weekend.
Retail design extraordinaire Murray Moss tells the New York Times which bars have the most incredible crowds.
F&W dishes on what Miami’s local art-and-design crowd orders at their favorite Design District hangout, Michael’s Genuine Food & Drink.
Nisi Berryman, cofounder of the incredible style store NiBa Home, e-mailed me today to say Senora Martinez, the new venture from Miami darling Michelle Bernstein, opened last night and has a stellar tapas menu. For shopping, Nisi says Marni just opened last night, Tomas Maier opened last week and En Avance recently moved locations from SoBe to the Design District—all are a couple of doors up from Japanese designer Yohji Yamamoto’s boutique, Y-3, and close to Michael’s Genuine Food & Drink.
Stephanie Monserrat Laurent has plans for a Miami branch of Buzina Pop, her superstylish Brazilian restaurant on New York City’s Upper East Side. Tonight, she’s taking over Miami's Maison d’ Azur and will be serving Buzina Pop’s signature dishes (grilled prawns over honey-ginger coconut quinoa) and cachaca-spiked cocktails and debuting her new bikini collection.
Le Tourment Vert, an authentic French absinthe, makes its South Florida debut this week with a special tasting tomorrow night at the Florida Room in the Delano Hotel featuring cocktail recipes created by master mixologist John Lermayer.