- 5 Martinis for Serious New Year's Eve Celebrations
- 11 Crazy-Easy Thanksgiving Cocktails
- Beyond Provence: 4 Under-the-Radar French Rosé Regions
- 12 Boozy Tea Drinks to Toast the Return of Downton Abbey
- 6 Spicy, Tingly Cocktails
- 5 Pecan Pie-Perfect Bourbons
- 5 Pumpkin Spice Cocktails
- Spring Tease: Fennel Cocktails
- Why You Should Make Winter Sangria
- Kümmel 101: How to Use the Sweet-Savory Dutch Spirit
This year, skpi the green beer and opt instead for a verdant cocktail made with herbaceous, bracingly bitter and vibrantly colored green Chartreuse. Here, seven great options.
Green beer. We’ll never understand it. Yes, it’s festive on St. Patrick’s Day but is it necessary? No, because there are many delicious beverages that don't get their hue from food coloring. This year, opt instead for a verdant cocktail made with herbaceous, bracingly bitter and vibrantly colored green Chartreuse. Here, seven great options.
1. Garden Elixir
Cilantro adds fresh, herbal flavor to this gin cocktail.
2. Chartreuse Swizzle
This Chartreuse-based cocktail is a fun take on a tiki drink.
3. Sparkling Monk
Chartreuse gives this spritzy Champagne cocktail a pale lime color.
4. Verdant Virtue/Vice Cocktail
This drink gets an extra boost of color from basil and mint leaves.
5. Spring Feeling
Super simple and refreshing, this extra-dry cocktail is made with gin, fresh lime juice and green Chartreuse.
6. Emerald Martini
It doesn’t get much easier than this martini made with citrus vodka and green Chartreuse.
7. Cradle of Life
Green Chartreuse is flamed in a lime cup before being layered on top of this colorful and dramatic cocktail.