- 5 Warming Recipes for National Hot Toddy Day
- 11 Absinthe Cocktails for National Absinthe Day
- 7 Homemade Infused Simple Syrups to Stock Your Spring Bar
- 4 Healthy(ish) Ways to Get Your Eggnog Fix
- 9 Minty Cocktails to Make with Crème de Menthe
- What to Drink on St. Patrick's Day (If You Don't Love Whiskey or Beer)
- 5 Things to Drink in Jamaica
- How to Make a Giant Bottled Martini for Your Holiday Party
- 5 Beers Made by Real Monks
- Sangrita is Back and Here's Where to Drink It
This year, skpi the green beer and opt instead for a verdant cocktail made with herbaceous, bracingly bitter and vibrantly colored green Chartreuse. Here, seven great options.
Green beer. We’ll never understand it. Yes, it’s festive on St. Patrick’s Day but is it necessary? No, because there are many delicious beverages that don't get their hue from food coloring. This year, opt instead for a verdant cocktail made with herbaceous, bracingly bitter and vibrantly colored green Chartreuse. Here, seven great options.
1. Garden Elixir
Cilantro adds fresh, herbal flavor to this gin cocktail.
2. Chartreuse Swizzle
This Chartreuse-based cocktail is a fun take on a tiki drink.
3. Sparkling Monk
Chartreuse gives this spritzy Champagne cocktail a pale lime color.
4. Verdant Virtue/Vice Cocktail
This drink gets an extra boost of color from basil and mint leaves.
5. Spring Feeling
Super simple and refreshing, this extra-dry cocktail is made with gin, fresh lime juice and green Chartreuse.
6. Emerald Martini
It doesn’t get much easier than this martini made with citrus vodka and green Chartreuse.
7. Cradle of Life
Green Chartreuse is flamed in a lime cup before being layered on top of this colorful and dramatic cocktail.