- 9 Brunch Appetizers for a Blow-Out Weekend Bash
- 5 Clever Ways to Cook with Grapes
- 3 Genius Ideas for Using Hot Sauce
- DIY Cured Salmon
- All You Need for a Boozy and Bacony DIY Brunch
- 7 Irresistible Rhubarb Desserts
- 7 Killer Spanish-Style Barbecue Dishes
- 7 Gorgeous Summer Salads
- 5 Fast Fruit Desserts You Should Definitely Grill Right Now
- 6 Foods for Dedicated Garlic Lovers
We have a new favorite verb: taco.
To “taco” something means to take all of the usual, iconic taco flavors and ingredients and apply them to a different food. No, you won’t find it in the Oxford English Dictionary. But we’re hopeful for next year’s edition. Here, the best recipes for taco-ed dishes.
1. Single Serving Tortilla Soup
This spicy recipe is like a taco in a mug. It’s packed with chunks of chicken and topped with tortilla chips, avocado, sour cream and shredded cheese.
2. Taco Pie
In the 1980s, spice companies began exporting taco seasoning packets to Sweden. Today, home cooks throughout Sweden use taco spices to flavor savory pies like this one, which is filled with spiced ground beef and topped with cheddar cheese.
3. Mexican Pizza
Topped with chili-spiced black-bean puree, tomatoes, olives, shredded lettuce and Jack cheese, this fun pizza is the perfect game day snack.
Related: Cinco De Mayo Dinner
4. Chicken Taco Casserole (above)
The best part of this gooey, cheesy casserole? It takes just ten minutes to throw together.
5. Southwestern Tortilla Salad
The secret to this satisfying salad is homemade refried beans.