- 5 Ways to Celebrate Pi(e) Day a La Mode
- 7 Yakitori Recipes to Make at Home
- 9 Banh Mi Recipes for Desk Lunch Domination
- 7 Movie Theater-Inspired Snacks for an Awesome Oscar Party
- 7 Oscar Party Foods on a Stick
- 7 Sparkling Oscar Night Cocktails
- 7 Dressed-Up Bow-Tie Pasta Recipes for Oscar Night Dinner
- 9 Elegant Oscar Party Dessert Ideas
- 11 Monday Brunch Recipes
- 11 Super-Melty-Cheesy Dishes for a Snow Day
We have a new favorite verb: taco.
To “taco” something means to take all of the usual, iconic taco flavors and ingredients and apply them to a different food. No, you won’t find it in the Oxford English Dictionary. But we’re hopeful for next year’s edition. Here, the best recipes for taco-ed dishes.
1. Single Serving Tortilla Soup
This spicy recipe is like a taco in a mug. It’s packed with chunks of chicken and topped with tortilla chips, avocado, sour cream and shredded cheese.
2. Taco Pie
In the 1980s, spice companies began exporting taco seasoning packets to Sweden. Today, home cooks throughout Sweden use taco spices to flavor savory pies like this one, which is filled with spiced ground beef and topped with cheddar cheese.
3. Mexican Pizza
Topped with chili-spiced black-bean puree, tomatoes, olives, shredded lettuce and Jack cheese, this fun pizza is the perfect game day snack.
Related: Cinco De Mayo Dinner
4. Chicken Taco Casserole (above)
The best part of this gooey, cheesy casserole? It takes just ten minutes to throw together.
5. Southwestern Tortilla Salad
The secret to this satisfying salad is homemade refried beans.