- 5 Delicious Ways to Salvage Leftover Bread
- Parker House Rolls Worth Fighting Over
- 7 Kid-Friendly Foods to Grill for Memorial Day
- How to Eat Like an Editor-in-Chief
- 11 Best Recipes to Make on National Coffee Cake Day
- 5 Savory Pancakes and Waffles for Brunch
- 5 Delicious DIY Naan Recipes
- Lamb Burger Recipes for Springtime Grilling
- 5 Ways to Fill a Pita Pocket
- 9 Reasons You Should Definitely Make Scrambled Eggs Today
We have a new favorite verb: taco.
To “taco” something means to take all of the usual, iconic taco flavors and ingredients and apply them to a different food. No, you won’t find it in the Oxford English Dictionary. But we’re hopeful for next year’s edition. Here, the best recipes for taco-ed dishes.
1. Single Serving Tortilla Soup
This spicy recipe is like a taco in a mug. It’s packed with chunks of chicken and topped with tortilla chips, avocado, sour cream and shredded cheese.
2. Taco Pie
In the 1980s, spice companies began exporting taco seasoning packets to Sweden. Today, home cooks throughout Sweden use taco spices to flavor savory pies like this one, which is filled with spiced ground beef and topped with cheddar cheese.
3. Mexican Pizza
Topped with chili-spiced black-bean puree, tomatoes, olives, shredded lettuce and Jack cheese, this fun pizza is the perfect game day snack.
Related: Cinco De Mayo Dinner
4. Chicken Taco Casserole (above)
The best part of this gooey, cheesy casserole? It takes just ten minutes to throw together.
5. Southwestern Tortilla Salad
The secret to this satisfying salad is homemade refried beans.