- Why Apples Float
- How an Englishman Brought Iced Tea to the Masses
- Raisin Bread Can Explain the Entire Universe
- Brush Up on Your Ice Cream Vocab
- How Napoleon Armed His Soldiers with Baguettes
- Can Mushrooms Make You Immortal?
- Who Was Suzette and How Did She Inspire Delicious, Flaming Crêpes?
- The Pious Origins of the Pretzel
- The Origins of Nachos, Coffee’s Effect on Goats and More Fun Food Facts
- 6 Fun Food Trivia Tidbits
Find out why you should embrace the snow before it melts.
1. One reason to embrace the snow before it's gone: It can be used as a leavening agent in baking.
2. Even heavier than original poundcakes: Bakers in Bucharest in 2008 made a 619 lb cake.
3. The record for most pancake flips? 140 in one minute.
4. No green ham here—nitrite salt in cured ham reacts with myoglobin to keep meat pink.
5. National Peanut Butter Day (January 24) is not for people with arachibutyrophobia—the fear of having peanut butter stuck on roof of mouth.
6. The Leap Year cocktail (lemon juice, gin, Grand Marnier and Carpano Antica) was invented on Leap Day 1928. Either it's 87 years old or won't turn 22 until next year.