1. Two-Cheese Croque-Monsieurs
These over-the-top sandwiches call for both classic Gruyère and sharp English Cheddar cheese.
2. Roasted Tomato Croques with Pickled Peppers
In this summery spin, roasted heirloom tomatoes top bread that’s slathered with creamy béchamel sauce. After a generous sprinkling of Gruyère, the croques are toasted till melty and browned, then topped with spicy homemade pickled peppers.
- 7 Recipes Inspired by Your Favorite Sandwiches
- 5 Best Ham-and-Cheese Sandwiches
- 5 Breadless Sandwiches with Substitutes Like Latkes and Eggs
3. Croques Meurice (above)
These bite-size ham-and-cheese sandwiches are miniature, cocktail party-perfect versions of classic sandwich.