- How to Make Bacon for a Crowd
- 5 Best Holiday Egg Dishes
- 5 Best Healthy Holiday Soups
- 5 Healthy Ways to Prepare Thanksgiving Sweet Potatoes
- How to Make a Healthy Breakfast Smoothie Bowl
- How to Make Delicious Mini Potato Salad Bites
- 5 Ways to Throw the Best Latke Party
- How to Make the Best Brisket for Hanukkah
- Wake Up to Squash Egg-in-a-Hole
- How to Make Candied Yams Without the Can
Turkey may be the star of Thanksgiving, but the holiday dinner wouldn't be complete without fantastic gravy to dress the bird and smother mashed potatoes. (It's also the secret to reheating leftovers like a pro) Watch this video for five tips on how to perfect Thanksgiving gravy without lumps, or even measurements.
To upgrade your gravy game even more, here are eight fantastic recipes to choose from.
1. Bacon-Shallot Gravy
This is a rich, herb-y gravy that you can make ahead because it doesn’t call for turkey drippings.
2. Giblet Gravy
Cloves and a bit of brandy give a wintry depth to this savory gravy.
3. Rich Pan Gravy
Slowly simmering turkey pieces and pan juices with onion and white wine gives you a delicious
4. Smoky Turkey Gravy
For a spicier spin on the classic, go for a gravy that adds smoky Spanish paprika and intense guajillo chile.
5. Cider-Glazed Turkey with Lager Gravy
You don’t brine the turkey in this recipe, just salt it and leave it to season in the fridge overnight, then serve it with a beer-spiked gravy.
6. Herb-Roasted Turkey with Wild Mushroom Gravy
This is a rustic bird made with butter seasoned with sage, thyme and garlic. Dried porcini mushrooms add a burst of woody umami to the gravy.
7. Bacon-Roasted Turkey with Sweet-Onion Gravy
Stuffing a bacon-herb paste underneath the turkey’s skin ensures incredible flavor, and the sweet-onion gravy provides its perfect complement.
8. Apricot-Glazed Turkey with Fresh Herb Gravy
Lemon-infused apricot jam in the glaze of this turkey provides gorgeous color and sets the stage for the earthy gravy.