- 5 Ways to Hack a Wine List
- 3 B&Bs to Stay at Now
- 5 Offal Dishes to Try Now
- 5 Rule-Breaking Winemakers to Know
- San Francisco's Restaurant Revival
- 4 European Hotels with Immersive Cooking Classes
- Fresh Cheese Coming to a Menu Near You
- 3 Offbeat Wine Lists to Try
- Have these Sydney Chefs Invented the New Avocado Toast?
- Bucatini is the New Black
Juice bars have long touted turmeric’s alleged health benefits; cafés may be next. Jane in San Francisco uses the electric-orange root in a new warm drink, alongside Stumptown coffee.
In a blender, combine 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk with 2 tablespoons chopped fresh turmeric and 1 teaspoon each of chopped fresh ginger, coconut oil and ground turmeric. Blend at medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into a saucepan and add 1 1/2 cups each of coconut water and almond milk, 8 green cardamom pods and a pinch of salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer over moderate heat, then let steep off the heat for 10 minutes. Strain and reheat. Serve with raw honey if you like. Makes 4 cups.
Check out the full recipe here.
Jane: 925 Larkin St.; itsjane.com.