- 10 Wines Under $20
- When Coffee & Cocktails Collide
- 3 Unconventional Vending Machines
- Why Your Next Vacation Rental Should Be a Tiny House
- Who Needs Meat When There's Seafood Charcuterie?
- Why Tahini is Having a Moment
- 3 Eastern European Wines to Try
- 5 Rule-Breaking Winemakers to Know
- 3 Offbeat Wine Lists to Try
- An Insider's Guide to Florence
Juice bars have long touted turmeric’s alleged health benefits; cafés may be next. Jane in San Francisco uses the electric-orange root in a new warm drink, alongside Stumptown coffee.
In a blender, combine 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk with 2 tablespoons chopped fresh turmeric and 1 teaspoon each of chopped fresh ginger, coconut oil and ground turmeric. Blend at medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into a saucepan and add 1 1/2 cups each of coconut water and almond milk, 8 green cardamom pods and a pinch of salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer over moderate heat, then let steep off the heat for 10 minutes. Strain and reheat. Serve with raw honey if you like. Makes 4 cups.
Check out the full recipe here.
Jane: 925 Larkin St.; itsjane.com.