- Watch Out Pancakes, Here Comes the Waffle Revolution
- L.A.'s Best Vegetable-Forward Restaurants
- Jean-Georges Vongerichten's Healthy Tonics
- 8 Great Food Markets and Halls
- This is the Spirit of the Year
- Sprucing it Up: Bringing Conifers into the Kitchen
- 3 Fast Herb Fixes
- Sai Ying Pun: Hong Kong's Buzziest Hood
- Bucatini is the New Black
- 4 European Hotels with Immersive Cooking Classes
Juice bars have long touted turmeric’s alleged health benefits; cafés may be next. Jane in San Francisco uses the electric-orange root in a new warm drink, alongside Stumptown coffee.
In a blender, combine 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk with 2 tablespoons chopped fresh turmeric and 1 teaspoon each of chopped fresh ginger, coconut oil and ground turmeric. Blend at medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into a saucepan and add 1 1/2 cups each of coconut water and almond milk, 8 green cardamom pods and a pinch of salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer over moderate heat, then let steep off the heat for 10 minutes. Strain and reheat. Serve with raw honey if you like. Makes 4 cups.
Check out the full recipe here.
Jane: 925 Larkin St.; itsjane.com.