- How to Make Roasted Radishes with Caramelized Kimchi
- Make This Now: Kimchi Special Sauce
- How to Make Kimchi Slaw
- How to Make Kimchi Hummus
- How to Make Kimchi-Cheddar Biscuits
- How to Make Caramelized Kimchi Baba Ghanoush
- How to Make Kimchi-Glazed Chicken Wings
- Upgrade Your Tabbouleh with Cucumber Kimchi
- How To Make Kimchi-Mussel Bouillabaisse
- How to Make Kimchi Micheladas
Tater tots on their own are good. Tater tots dipped in cheese sauce are even better. Tater tots turned into nachos are THE BEST.
We upgraded this recipe for totchos by slathering the tots with a spicy and creamy kimchi-spiked cheese sauce. If you're a totcho purist, you'll love these as is. But feel free to go rogue and load them up with shredded chicken, black beans, guacamole, sour cream...and why not some extra shredded cheese while you're at it?
Tater Tot Nachos (Totchos) with Kimchi Cheese Sauce
Total 20 Min
One 1-lb. package tater tots, cooked according to package instructions
4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
1 ½ cups chopped Napa cabbage kimchi
6 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
2 cups whole milk
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 serrano chile peppers or jalapeno peppers, thinly sliced
Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450°. Divide the cooked tater tots in 1 large or 4 small ovenproof baking dishes and arrange on a baking sheet.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter. Add 1 cup of the kimchi and the flour and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until the kimchi is evenly coated in the flour, about 2 minutes. Stir in the milk and bring to a simmer. Cook until thickened, about 2 minutes. Season with salt. Spoon the kimchi gravy over the tater tots, then top with the cheese. Bake until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes. Top with the chile peppers and remaining ½ cup kimchi and garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve hot.
Make ahead: The kimchi gravy can be refrigerated overnight and reheated before using.