- 7 Ideas for New Year’s Day Brunch
- The Franks’ Guide to Brooklyn
- Where to Eat Pizza in Brooklyn, by Neighborhood
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Spices
- 7 Sweet Potato Dishes That Aren’t Scalloped, Candied or Casseroled
- 10 Best Holiday Roasts
- A Delicious Thanksgiving Menu and The Dream Kitchens You Can Rent To Cook It In
- 11 Ways to Use Okra
- 8 Extremely Delicious Thanksgiving Desserts That Aren’t Pie
- 6 Ways to Upgrade Your Thanksgiving Leftovers Sandwich
Watch how to create a cocktail kit, use jiggers, shake like a pro and ultimately make the perfect martini.
In a continued effort to master her mistakes, F&W editor-in-chief Dana Cowin stopped by the Institute of Culinary Education for a mixology masterclass with Director of Beverage Studies Anthony Caporale. In addition to showing how to make the perfect martini, Caporale demoed a few other festive cocktails that will definitely get you through New Year’s Eve, including a Ramos Gin Fizz riff and a spicy ginger Collins. Watch the clips below and resolve to make perfect drinks through 2016.
How to Make a Martini
This video shows not only how to make a martini, but also how to prepare an essential bar kit and how to shake a cocktail.
How to Make a Ramos Gin Fizz Float
Learn how to strain cocktails in this video, which includes a riff on the classic New Orleans Ramos Gin Fizz. Bonus: it includes ice cream.
How to Make a Spicy Ginger Collins
Here, Caporale shows how to make a Ginger-Jalapeño Collins and explains how to use jiggers.
How to Make a Limoncello-Thyme Martini
To balances the sweetness of this Limoncello martini, Caporale likes to add herbal notes with thyme.