- KitchenAid’s New All-Black Stand Mixer Is Insanely Gorgeous
- Calorie Restriction Could Help You Live Longer. Should You Actually Try It?
- What to Do if You Think You've Eaten Recalled Food
- How Chefs Are Cooking with Pickle Brine
- This Omelet Is How Anthony Bourdain Resets After Travel
- Ultimate Summer Dessert Bucket List
- Why You Should Be Eating Millet
- 9 Italian Pizza Styles!?
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Spices
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Eating Alligator Meat
Watch how to create a cocktail kit, use jiggers, shake like a pro and ultimately make the perfect martini.
In a continued effort to master her mistakes, F&W editor-in-chief Dana Cowin stopped by the Institute of Culinary Education for a mixology masterclass with Director of Beverage Studies Anthony Caporale. In addition to showing how to make the perfect martini, Caporale demoed a few other festive cocktails that will definitely get you through New Year’s Eve, including a Ramos Gin Fizz riff and a spicy ginger Collins. Watch the clips below and resolve to make perfect drinks through 2016.
How to Make a Martini
This video shows not only how to make a martini, but also how to prepare an essential bar kit and how to shake a cocktail.
How to Make a Ramos Gin Fizz Float
Learn how to strain cocktails in this video, which includes a riff on the classic New Orleans Ramos Gin Fizz. Bonus: it includes ice cream.
How to Make a Spicy Ginger Collins
Here, Caporale shows how to make a Ginger-Jalapeño Collins and explains how to use jiggers.
How to Make a Limoncello-Thyme Martini
To balances the sweetness of this Limoncello martini, Caporale likes to add herbal notes with thyme.