- How to Make Caramelized Kimchi Baba Ghanoush
- How to Make Kimchi-Cheddar Waffles
- How to Make Kimchi Marinara Sauce
- How to Make Kimchi Hummus
- How to Make Kimchi Slaw
- How to Make Tater Tot Nachos (Totchos) with Kimchi Cheese Sauce
- How to Make Kimchi-Cheddar Biscuits
- How to Make Kimchi-Glazed Chicken Wings
- How to Make Roasted Radishes with Caramelized Kimchi
- Make This Now: Kimchi Special Sauce
The next time you eat your way to the bottom of a kimchi jar, save the juice and make Kimchi Micheladas.
F&W's Kay Chun is on a mission to use kimchi in as many ways as possible. Follow along to see what happens.
The next time you eat your way to the bottom of a kimchi jar, save the juice! All of that bright red kimchi juice that collects in the jar is liquid gold—fiery stuff to use for seasoning all sorts of dishes, like grilled steak, scrambled eggs and fried rice.
Another mouth-watering way to use the spicy juice is in Kimchi Micheladas. A fun twist on the refreshing Mexican beverage, they're perfect for hot summer picnics in the park or Sunday brunch. But be warned: They're so thirst-quenching and addicting, one is never enough. Make a pitcher and pass it around!
Total 15 min; Makes 6 Cocktails
6 small Thai chile peppers
3/4 cup fresh lime juice
1/2 cup kimchi juice
6 Mexican beers, such as Pacifico
Kimchi skewers, cilantro sprigs and lime wedges, for garnish
In a pitcher, muddle the chile peppers with the lime and kimchi juices, then gently stir in the beer. Pour into ice-filled glasses. Garnish with kimchi skewers, cilantro sprigs and lime wedges.