- Beyond Mashed: Dramatic Holiday Potatoes
- How to Make Candied Yams Without the Can
- 9 Ways to Use Quinoa in the New Year
- 5 New Ways to Make Biscuits
- Freezing Techniques
- Wake Up to Squash Egg-in-a-Hole
- How to Make the Best Brisket for Hanukkah
- How to Make Delicious Mini Potato Salad Bites
- Southern Living's Sweet Potato Casserole Will Stop Your Heart (But It Will Be Worth It)
- The Ultimate Guide to Prepping, Cooking and Carving a Thanksgiving Turkey
While brussels sprouts were once a punch line, we now seek them out—roasted, raw and everywhere in between. In the above video, our sister brand Cooking Light shows you how to get them irresistibly brown and crispy in the oven.
Here, some of our favorite recipes for the once-maligned vegetable.
1. Maple-Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Maple syrup is a perfect antidote to the subtle bitterness of brussels sprouts.
2. Spicy-and-Garlicky Brussels Sprouts
There are only four ingredients (plus salt) in this incredibly flavorful side dish.
3. Brussels Sprouts with Lemon and Thyme
Bright, acidic lemon is a great complement to brussels sprouts in this simple sautéed side.
4. Brussels Sprouts with Prosciutto and Juniper
Juniper berries provide a surprising woodsiness to the classic combination of brussels sprouts and salty pork.
5. Brussels Sprout Tortilla
Smoky and spicy, this brussels sprouts–studded tortilla is a guaranteed hit.