While brussels sprouts were once a punch line, we now seek them out—roasted, raw and everywhere in between. In the above video, our sister brand Cooking Light shows you how to get them irresistibly brown and crispy in the oven.
Here, some of our favorite recipes for the once-maligned vegetable.
1. Maple-Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Maple syrup is a perfect antidote to the subtle bitterness of brussels sprouts.
2. Spicy-and-Garlicky Brussels Sprouts
There are only four ingredients (plus salt) in this incredibly flavorful side dish.
3. Brussels Sprouts with Lemon and Thyme
Bright, acidic lemon is a great complement to brussels sprouts in this simple sautéed side.
- 7 Recipes That Prove Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Are BFFs
- 5 Ways to Re-Imagine Brussels Sprouts
- F&W's Best Holiday Side Dishes
4. Brussels Sprouts with Prosciutto and Juniper
Juniper berries provide a surprising woodsiness to the classic combination of brussels sprouts and salty pork.