- Perfect Pizza Margherita in 10 Steps
- Mario Batali's Saltimbocca Know-How
- How to Make Josh Galliano's Incredible Creole-Spiced Fried Chicken
- How to Make Pebble Ice for Expert Cocktails
- Tips for Making Homemade Butter
- How Chefs Are Making the Best Butter Ever
- Learn the Easy Way to Mince a Shallot
- How to Cure Salmon in 30 Minutes
- A Studded Roast is the Only Holiday Centerpiece You Need
- Torture Device or Best-Ever Wine Opening Tool?
He might be known as Mr. Chocolate, but Jacques Torres also makes some crazy-good ice cream
He might be known as Mr. Chocolate, but Jacques Torres also makes some crazy-good ice cream—available at multiple NYC locations including Grand Central Station. This week, he stopped by the Food & Wine Test Kitchen to give us a taste of some of his top-selling flavors like ancho-spiked “Wicked” chocolate, perfect vanilla and super-fresh strawberry. He also took the time to demonstrate how to make his version of Nutella (a.k.a. Jacquetella) and a super-easy berry compote. To top off his over-the-top visit, Torres showed us how to put together the Lovers’ Cup, a massive ice cream sundae for two (though it could definitely feed four). Get some inspiration for your next sundae by looking through the step-by-step sundae-making GIFs of Torres, below. (And start with amazing toppings by making your own via F&W's pro guide or ordering Torres signatures like chocolate-covered Cheerios.)
Step 1: Scoop the ice cream.
Step 2: Drizzle on the berry compote.
Step 3: Spoon on the Nutella (or Jacquetella in this case).
Step 4: Top with chocolate-covered caramel popcorn.
Step 5: Add the whipped cream.
Step 6: Sprinkle on chocolate-covered almonds.
Step 7: Serve with style.