- All of Your Questions About King Cake, Answered
- How Chefs Are Cooking with Pickle Brine
- Pot-au-Feu: The Ultimate French Comfort Food
- Potage Parmentier: The Perfect Potato and Leek Soup in Any Language
- 5 Reasons Why Pie Is the Best
- Where to Eat While You Bet on March Madness in Vegas
- What It’s Like to Eat Six Bowls of Ramen in a Single Day
- 3 Bittersweet Drinks to Make with Amaro di Angostura
- 8 Unexpected Ways to Top a Pizza
- Everything You Need to Know About Oolong Tea
If you've ever hesitated to try making fresh pasta, our fantastic step-by-step GIF guide starring Philadelphia's Marc Vetri will get you fired up.
If you've ever hesitated to try making fresh pasta, our fantastic step-by-step GIF guide taken from a live Periscope session with Philadelphia's Marc Vetri will get you fired up. The author of the fantastic new book Mastering Pasta stopped by the F&W Test Kitchen to share his best tips for leveling up your noodles as well as some cool details on how he mills his own wheat for pastas at his Vetri restaurant. Watch and be amazed.
1. Mix eggs and olive oil in the well of flour.
2. Add flour gradually into the egg mix.
3. Work the dough so that everything is totally incorporated.
4. After letting the dough sit for 30 minutes, roll it out.
5. Continue to roll the dough until it is thin enough to see through. Brandish it like a bullfighter's cape.
6. Fold the dough over a few times.
7. Cut the dough into strips.
8. Gather all of the noodles together.
9. Make it rain.