- KitchenAid’s New All-Black Stand Mixer Is Insanely Gorgeous
- Calorie Restriction Could Help You Live Longer. Should You Actually Try It?
- What to Do if You Think You've Eaten Recalled Food
- How Chefs Are Cooking with Pickle Brine
- This Omelet Is How Anthony Bourdain Resets After Travel
- 5 Healthy Make-Ahead Breakfasts
- In Turkey, Wine Producers Face a Turning Point
- What's the Difference Between Ragù and Ragout?
- 9 Best Gooey Caramel Holiday Desserts
- This Summer's Cookbook Bucket List
If you've ever hesitated to try making fresh pasta, our fantastic step-by-step GIF guide starring Philadelphia's Marc Vetri will get you fired up.
If you've ever hesitated to try making fresh pasta, our fantastic step-by-step GIF guide taken from a live Periscope session with Philadelphia's Marc Vetri will get you fired up. The author of the fantastic new book Mastering Pasta stopped by the F&W Test Kitchen to share his best tips for leveling up your noodles as well as some cool details on how he mills his own wheat for pastas at his Vetri restaurant. Watch and be amazed.
1. Mix eggs and olive oil in the well of flour.
2. Add flour gradually into the egg mix.
3. Work the dough so that everything is totally incorporated.
4. After letting the dough sit for 30 minutes, roll it out.
5. Continue to roll the dough until it is thin enough to see through. Brandish it like a bullfighter's cape.
6. Fold the dough over a few times.
7. Cut the dough into strips.
8. Gather all of the noodles together.
9. Make it rain.