- Get Your Omega 3s from These Salmon Pasta Recipes
- 8 Brilliant Ways to Use Bacon in Pasta Dishes
- 7 Grown-Up Recipes for Pasta Shells
- 7 One-Pot Dinners to Make Now
- 11 Best Pasta Recipes for Fall
- 5 Ways to Eat More Hummus at Brunch
- How to Fall-ify Your Pancakes
- How to Pumpkin Spice Everything
- 11 Ways to Use Cranberries (Other Than Cranberry Sauce)
- 9 Killer Pumpkin Desserts for Halloween
We’re about to share something that is going to make a lot of Vietnamese restaurants very nervous: Summer rolls (or gỏi cuốn) are easier to make at home than you think.
We’re about to share something that is going to make a lot of Vietnamese restaurants very nervous: Summer rolls (or gỏi cuốn) are easier to make at home than you think. Typically filled with meat or shrimp and vegetables and served at room temperature or slightly cool, they live up to their name and are perfect for summer meals. Here, F&W’s best recipes for delicious DIY summer rolls.
1. Shrimp-and-Vegetable Summer Rolls
These healthy rolls get crunch and color from yellow peppers, lettuce and carrots.
2. Grilled-Beef Summer Rolls
Chilled leftover steak is perfect in these light, vegetable-packed, easy to make rolls.
3. Shrimp-and-Avocado Summer Rolls
Blogger Shu Han Lee calls these simple, fresh, herb-packed rolls “salad inside rice paper.”
4. Roast Beef Summer Rolls
This Americanized take on summer rolls calls for roast beef from the deli.
5. Grilled Shrimp Summer Rolls
Emeril Lagasse’s rolls are filled with quickly grilled shrimp, crunchy romaine, cellophane noodles, mint, cilantro and carrot.
6. Daikon-Papaya Summer Rolls with Minted Yogurt Sauce
These sweet-and-tangy rolls are the perfect way to start a dinner party.
7. Shrimp and Chicken Summer Rolls
This is one of the lightest dishes on the planet, but it’s full of flavor.
8. Vegetable Summer Rolls with Chile-Lime Dipping Sauce
Rolling peppers, sprouts and avocado into these terrific rolls is a great way to get your daily dose of vegetables.
9. Shrimp and Green Papaya Summer Rolls
Tart green papaya is delicious with sweet shrimp and an incredible coconut-peanut dipping sauce.