- 5 Best Healthy Holiday Soups
- 5 Healthy Ways to Prepare Thanksgiving Sweet Potatoes
- How to Make a Healthy Breakfast Smoothie Bowl
- How to Make the Ultimate Thanksgiving Gravy
- 9 Best Gooey Caramel Holiday Desserts
- How to Make Delicious Mini Potato Salad Bites
- 5 Ways to Throw the Best Latke Party
- How to Make the Best Brisket for Hanukkah
- Wake Up to Squash Egg-in-a-Hole
- The Ultimate Guide to Prepping, Cooking and Carving a Thanksgiving Turkey
So many of our favorite Thanksgiving sides and desserts call for canned ingredients, but candied yams, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie are all better made from scratch—and it’s much easier than you think. Here, a guide to banishing cans from your kitchen this holiday.
Slow-Cooked Candied Yams
See how a slow cooker can create perfect candied yams with minimal effort.
Chunky Cranberry Sauce
The jury is still out on whether fresh cranberry sauce is officially better than canned, but this simple recipe makes a strong case for the DIY approach.
It seems daunting, but roasting fresh pumpkin doesn’t require much more than a good knife. Save the seeds and make one of these great pumpkin seed recipes.