- How to Make Delicious Mini Potato Salad Bites
- 5 Healthy Ways to Prepare Thanksgiving Sweet Potatoes
- The Ultimate Guide to Prepping, Cooking and Carving a Thanksgiving Turkey
- How to Saber a Bottle of Champagne
- How to Make Cranberry Sangria
- 5 Ways to Cook a Thanksgiving Turkey Without an Oven
- How to Infuse Your New Year with More Chocolate
- 5 Best Granitas
- 5 Incredible Holiday Crème Brûlées
- How to Make the Ultimate Thanksgiving Gravy
So many of our favorite Thanksgiving sides and desserts call for canned ingredients, but candied yams, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie are all better made from scratch—and it’s much easier than you think. Here, a guide to banishing cans from your kitchen this holiday.
Slow-Cooked Candied Yams
See how a slow cooker can create perfect candied yams with minimal effort.
Chunky Cranberry Sauce
The jury is still out on whether fresh cranberry sauce is officially better than canned, but this simple recipe makes a strong case for the DIY approach.
It seems daunting, but roasting fresh pumpkin doesn’t require much more than a good knife. Save the seeds and make one of these great pumpkin seed recipes.