- 10 Recipes That Celebrate the Oozy Glory of Sunny-Side-Up Eggs
- 5 Delicious DIY Jerky Recipes for National Jerky Day
- 7 Surprising Ways to Instantly Upgrade Your Tacos
- 7 Cajun Shrimp Recipes for Mardi Gras Dinner
- 7 Best-Ever Milk Shakes and Smoothies
- 5 Best-Ever Brunch Smoothies
- 10 Recipes for Huge Cuts of Meat
- How to Make DIY Summer Rolls
- 10 Show-Stopping Fall Roasts
- 5 Ways to Eat (and Cook) Like an Olympian
Snack time, meet cocktail hour.
Snack time, meet cocktail hour. In Washington, DC, one brilliant bartender is garnishing his drinks with a sophisticated, grown-up fruit roll-up made with bracingly bitter Campari. A mustache-shaped strip of booze-infused fruit leather adorns Matt Allred’s Handlebar cocktail (his take on a Boulevardier) at DNV Rooftop.
Not in DC? No problem. Here, Allred shares his recipe for making a big batch of Campari roll-ups at home.
Campari Fruit Roll-Ups
Makes 25 roll-ups
1/4 cups Campari
1 apple, diced
3/4 cups sugar
1/8 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup kumquat puree
Zest of 1/4 of a grapefruit
Preheat the oven to 200°. Purée all of the ingredients, then pour into a pot and reduce on the stove for 30 minutes. Spread the puree over a baking pan lined with a Silpat mat. Bake for 1 hour, then let rest. Once cool, use your choice of cookie cutter to cut out roll-ups.