- How to Master Carrots for the Holidays
- Beyond Mashed: Dramatic Holiday Potatoes
- 5 Best Healthy Holiday Soups
- Freezing Techniques
- How to Make Candied Yams Without the Can
- 9 Ways to Use Quinoa in the New Year
- How to Make the Best Brisket for Hanukkah
- 5 New Ways to Make Biscuits
- How to Make Incredible Brussels Sprouts
- Wake Up to Squash Egg-in-a-Hole
Eggnog, the frothy mix of eggs, cream, sugar, nutmeg and booze, is a holiday staple for many households—including some illustrious ones. President George Washington liked to serve an ultra-boozy version to guests, which included whiskey, rye, rum and sherry. Watch this terrific video from My Recipes for an easy way to make delicious old-fashioned eggnog.
Or, if you're feeling adventurous, try this version from ChefSteps, which uses modern techniques to boost flavor.