- 20+ Delicious Emmy Awards Cocktails and Snacks
- Every Food Is a Snack Now
- Crazy Fried Chicken
- Daniel Boulud Is Cooking for Air France
- This Kind of Food Is Both Filling and Insanely Good for You
- Donald Trump Deposed in Lawsuit Against José Andrés
- Here's One Controversial Way to Reduce Methane Emissions
- WikiLeaks Hack Reveals John Podesta's Secret to Creamy Risotto
- Michelin-Starred Ramen Restaurant to Open Second Location
- Mary Berry's BBC Show Could Launch Before Channel 4's Bake Off Debut
While these look tricky to make—and are sure blow the minds of your friends and followers—they're much easier to create than it seems.
It's safe to say that avocado toast just might be the most Instagrammed food of all time. After all, there's no quicker way to watch the likes roll in than to mash up some of the healthy fat on a slice of bread and top with salt, red pepper flakes, or the perfect fried egg.
Now, a new trend blowing up feeds everywhere seeks to elevate the average toast. Called "avocado roses," these plate embellishments are exactly what they sound like: avocado slices prettily arranged in the shape of a flower. While these look tricky to make—and are sure blow the minds of your friends and followers—they're much easier to create than it seems.
Lisa Lin, the food blogger behind Healthy Nibbles & Bits decided to spill her avocado rose secrets in an instructional video that shows how shockingly easy the preparation actually is. In the clip, Lin lays out the basic steps: peel the fruit's outer skin, slice it thinly crosswise, and carefully fan out the slices in a straight line using your hands. Then, simply curl one end of the row of slices towards the middle until your avocado rose is formed. Use your edible flower to add a special something to your toast, noodles, eggs, and more.
Finally, sit back and prepare to be bombarded with likes and impressed comments from friends, likely demanding a run-down of how to make the roses themselves.