- Why You Should Be Drinking Your Own Homemade Vermouth All Spring
- If You're Going to Drink Something Green on St. Patrick's Day, Make it Chartreuse
- Why the Michelada is the Best Super Bowl Beertail
- Beautiful Cocktails for Engagement Parties
- 7 Delicious Ways to Make a Sidecar, the Too-Often Forgotten Classic Cocktail
- Why You Should Make Winter Sangria
- Why You Should Drink a Sazerac on Mardi Gras
- The Champagne of Gins…Literally
- Porrons Are the New Pitchers
- This London Bar Is Making Wine-Free Wines
We're convinced that juicing—plus doing good for the world—are very likely the two main ingredients to living a long, healthy, happy life. Supermodel Christy Turlington Burns teamed up with Melvin's Juice Box and is showing us how to do both.
We’ve suspected for a while now that juicing must be one of the secrets to a long, healthy, happy life. The other ingredient, as it turns out: doing good for the world—and supermodel Christy Turlington Burns is showing us how to do both. She’s been a fan of Melvin Major, Jr.’s juices—you may know him as the dreadlocked, ever-cheerful juice mixologist of Melvin’s Juice Box in New York City—for decades. In 1996, he even created a blend in her honor at LifeThyme Natural Market, dubbing the apple, beet, ginger and lemon juice mixture the Sweet Christy. Now he’s serving that juice again for a few short weeks to benefit Every Mother Counts, the nonprofit organization that Turlington Burns founded to improve maternal health care around the world. Now through March 13, 100 percent of the proceeds from sales of the Sweet Christy at Melvin’s Juice Box will go directly to the programs that Every Mother Counts supports around the world, which address three critical barriers to maternal health care: lack of education, transportation and supplies. Drink juice, do good, feel good.