- An Iconic Bar's Policy on Free Drinks
- England's Obsession with Whimsical Dairy Paraphernalia
- 7 Ideas for New Year’s Day Brunch
- The Franks’ Guide to Brooklyn
- Where to Eat Pizza in Brooklyn, by Neighborhood
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Spices
- 7 Sweet Potato Dishes That Aren’t Scalloped, Candied or Casseroled
- 10 Best Holiday Roasts
- A Delicious Thanksgiving Menu and The Dream Kitchens You Can Rent To Cook It In
- 11 Ways to Use Okra
Think a juice cleanse is going to make up for all that holiday eating? We dare you to double down by also using the pulp in one of these 5 unexpected ways.
With the two biggest eating holidays of the year merely four weeks apart, it's a good idea to give your body a chance to reboot in between... Now that you've started your juice cleanse, here are 5 ways to squeeze all of the nutrients out of the pulp leftover from juicing.
1. Add carrot pulp to your favorite carrot cake or muffin recipes in place of grated carrots.
2. Stir berry pulp into your waffle or pancake batter for extra flavor, fiber and antioxidants.
3. Mix the pulp from your cucumber juice with sour cream or cream cheese to make a sandwich spread or chip dip.
4. Make a quick homemade vegetable broth by boiling carrot, celery, kale, tomato, and parsley pulp (reserve the stems) with water and herb stems in a pot. Simmer for about one hour and strain.
5. Blend apple, ginger, or pear pulp into your morning smoothie for some added fiber and nutrients.