- You’ll Never Be Too Full for This French Dessert
- How to Make Gnocchi French? Add Butter
- Crudité is the Perfect Way to Celebrate Spring and Summer Produce
- I Took a Bath in Maple Syrup
- Steak Frites Is the Perfect Date Food, According to Ludo Lefebvre
- Mushroom Hunting (and Cooking) Lessons from an Expert Forager
- Pot-au-Feu: The Ultimate French Comfort Food
- Top 10 Food Moments Every 'Girls' Fan Will Remember
- Potage Parmentier: The Perfect Potato and Leek Soup in Any Language
- 5 Reasons Why Pie Is the Best
Think a juice cleanse is going to make up for all that holiday eating? We dare you to double down by also using the pulp in one of these 5 unexpected ways.
With the two biggest eating holidays of the year merely four weeks apart, it's a good idea to give your body a chance to reboot in between... Now that you've started your juice cleanse, here are 5 ways to squeeze all of the nutrients out of the pulp leftover from juicing.
1. Add carrot pulp to your favorite carrot cake or muffin recipes in place of grated carrots.
2. Stir berry pulp into your waffle or pancake batter for extra flavor, fiber and antioxidants.
3. Mix the pulp from your cucumber juice with sour cream or cream cheese to make a sandwich spread or chip dip.
4. Make a quick homemade vegetable broth by boiling carrot, celery, kale, tomato, and parsley pulp (reserve the stems) with water and herb stems in a pot. Simmer for about one hour and strain.
5. Blend apple, ginger, or pear pulp into your morning smoothie for some added fiber and nutrients.