- All of Your Questions About King Cake, Answered
- How Chefs Are Cooking with Pickle Brine
- Pot-au-Feu: The Ultimate French Comfort Food
- Potage Parmentier: The Perfect Potato and Leek Soup in Any Language
- 5 Reasons Why Pie Is the Best
- Where to Eat While You Bet on March Madness in Vegas
- What It’s Like to Eat Six Bowls of Ramen in a Single Day
- 3 Bittersweet Drinks to Make with Amaro di Angostura
- 8 Unexpected Ways to Top a Pizza
- Everything You Need to Know About Oolong Tea
Think a juice cleanse is going to make up for all that holiday eating? We dare you to double down by also using the pulp in one of these 5 unexpected ways.
With the two biggest eating holidays of the year merely four weeks apart, it's a good idea to give your body a chance to reboot in between... Now that you've started your juice cleanse, here are 5 ways to squeeze all of the nutrients out of the pulp leftover from juicing.
1. Add carrot pulp to your favorite carrot cake or muffin recipes in place of grated carrots.
2. Stir berry pulp into your waffle or pancake batter for extra flavor, fiber and antioxidants.
3. Mix the pulp from your cucumber juice with sour cream or cream cheese to make a sandwich spread or chip dip.
4. Make a quick homemade vegetable broth by boiling carrot, celery, kale, tomato, and parsley pulp (reserve the stems) with water and herb stems in a pot. Simmer for about one hour and strain.
5. Blend apple, ginger, or pear pulp into your morning smoothie for some added fiber and nutrients.