- What Is Chai and How to Make It
- 8 Global Takes on Chicken Curry
- 11 Ways to Use Fennel
- 5 Ways to Drink Your Turmeric, Super Ingredient of the Moment
- 7 Ways to Rethink Cheesecake
- 15 Ways to Eat the 5 Best Winter Fruits
- Sweet Tea: Delicious Iced Caffeinator of the South
- How to Fix Lumpy Gravy and 3 Other Classic Thanksgiving Mistakes
- 9 Thanksgiving Troubleshooting Tips
- 5 Ways to Make Your Own Pesto
Private chef and world traveler Jane Coxwell reveals her four incredible recipes she picked up during a trip to Valladolid, Mexico.
Private chef and world traveler Jane Coxwell shows how to cook like a local.
Jane Coxwell is an expert at cooking like a local, wherever she is. The Zimbabwe-born chef works for fashion designer Diane Von Furstenberg, whom she (and the rest of the world) calls DVF. It was at DVF's prompting that Coxwell wrote Fresh Happy Tasty, a collection of recipes she developed while sailing the globe with DVF and Barry Diller on their yacht. Coxwell had a more down-to-earth experience when she traveled on her own to Mexico and happened upon the city of Valladolid, near Tulum. Here, her culinary journal.
Spiced Pork Ribs
Coxwell sweet-talked the owners of a family restaurant into letting her use their grill.
Jane Coxwell picked up the fixings for this crunchy citrus salad at the market and made the simplest of all dressings with just citrus juice, olive oil and salt and pepper.
A tortilla maker paid Coxwell the ultimate compliment: She had her daughter-in-law jot down Jane's taco recipe.
Mexican Chicken Soup
Coxwell improvised chicken soup in a makeshift kitchen.