1. Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Toasted Pecans and Avocado (above)
Jean-Georges Vongerichten first created this side dish as an all-green one, using pistachios. "When I tried it with pecans, though, it was even better," he says.
2. Avocado Relish with Caramelized Onions
Chef Dean Fearing serves this chunky avocado condiment with turkey as an alternative to cranberry sauce. He likes the Southwestern richness it adds to turkey.
- 9 Chefs' Dream Thanksgiving Turkeys
- Yes, You Can Avocado That
- 8 Delicious Grains and Greens Recipes for Thanksgiving
3. Roasted Carrot and Avocado Salad with Citrus Dressing
A healthy addition to the Thanksgiving table, this Moroccan-spiced salad combines vitamin A–rich carrots and heart-healthy avocados.