- 5 Great Bottles for Riesling Fanatics
- Meet the Women Running This Year's Food Book Fair
- Sean Brock Curating Taste Talks and Bringing Fried Chicken and Whiskey to Brooklyn
- Why Txakoli is Taking North Carolina by Storm
- Guess Who's Coming to Dinner at the 11th Euphoria Festival?
- Party Like Nancy Reagan by Raiding This Extravagant Christie's Auction
- Last Call: Alex Raij and Eder Montero Are Making Poole's Diner-Inspired Tapas Tonight
- Party for a Cause at Chris Shepherd’s Southern Smoke
- Go Hog Wild at the NC Barbecue Revival This Weekend
- What Happens When a Street Food Hawker and a Fine Dining Chef Make Dinner?
© Jerome Fineman
Andy Warhol Dessert Pinata
* There were the awe-inspiring hanging-in-the-air cheese heads (inspired by Bruce Nauman’s Hanging Heads #2), which were slowly melting onto a huge table full of crackers below.
© kate krader
Donnie Madia Paints Potato Chips at Brooklyn Ball.
* Down a few floors, dinner was served in a giant hall, where guests served themselves from tables that had everything from whole roast turkeys to whole roast potatoes to whole roast rabbits (special thanks to co-chair Mario Batali, who carved some 50 of them in 15 minutes).
* And like all good parties, there was the after-party, where you could take a whack at the humongous Andy Warhol–head piñata (filled with Hostess Twinkies and Sno Balls) and take advantage of the fun carnival stalls produced by fashion houses like 3.1 Phillip Lim, Opening Ceremony and Rodarte.
Eater has a lot more pictures and a video of various Batalis bashing the piñata.