- Is Soft Jazz the Secret to Great Goat Cheese?
- Highlights from Farm Aid 2007
- Eat Like a Local in Kauai
- Honey of an Apple
- Vermont Cheese Field Trip
- 5 Tips on Starting an Urban Farm From Brooklyn Grange
- No Baby Animals Were Killed in The Writing of This Post
- Heirloom Tomato Crisis
- Alice Waters Hearts Baby Peaches
- A Pacific Northwest Foodie Island
Our features intern, Kaitlyn Goalen, just blogged about how Michael Pollan, Rick Bayless, Dan Barber and dozens of other food activists signed a letter to President Elect Barack Obama offering up nominations for the position of Secretary of Agriculture.
So can you.
The grassroots movement that sent the original letter, Food Democracy Now!, has an online petition some 24,000 strong. Read the plea calling for a Secretary of Agriculture who will focus on sustainable agriculture, humane animal husbandry and renewable energy. Still not convinced? New York Times op-ed columnist Nicholas Kristof's brilliant piece, "Obama’s ‘Secretary of Food’?", might just do the trick.