- 6 Creamy, Spiced Pumpkin Cheesecakes
- 5 Ways You Never Knew You Could Use Frosting
- 5 Throwback Recipes for Beautiful Baked Alaska
- Ultimate Summer Cake Bucket List
- Stranger Things Fans Demand Retro Pudding Packaging
- Recipes from London's Violet Bakery
- Best Late Night Dessert Toasts
- Do You Know the Difference Between a Macaron and a Macaroon?
- This Christmas, Give In to Red Velvet
- 7 Crave-Worthy Fall Desserts
Even though I’m always all about candy (like Paul Rudnick! In today’s New York Times!), I’ve decided to take a little break to salute alternative Halloween treats. Notably, the holiday-themed cookies and cakes at Bouchon Bakery. The TKOs—Thomas Keller Oreos—are now bat-shaped, with orange crème frosting (the black cocoa in the cookies makes them exactly dark enough to be bats). Sebastien Rouxel, exec pastry chef for TK restaurants has also decorated a big, fat pumpkin cupcake with enough airbrushed orange fondant to look just like a mini pumpkin. And then there’s the Fughedaboutit (I know, not a typical T. Keller name), a Rice Krispie treat with layers of sensational caramel, milk chocolate and fleur de sel. The pumpkin logo on the foil wrapper makes is just enough of a nod to the holiday to make it my new favorite thing for Halloween.