- The Best Wines to Pair with Mac and Cheese
- A Go-To Wine Pairing for Pulled Pork
- A Chardonnay for Relaxing on the Couch
- A Red That Can Pair with Asparagus
- A Fruity, Floral Red from Spain’s Ribeira Sacra
- 3 Best-Ever Sweater-Weather Reds
- A Winemaker’s Secret Inexpensive Go-To Sparkler
- 3 Bottles From France’s Best Value Region
- 5 Wines to Pair with Roast Chicken
- 3 Wines To Try If You Love a Pumpkin Latte
"This wine is a great intro to the world of Greek red wines," says wine expert James Horn.
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: James Horn, wine director, Kapnos in Washington, DC
Why: "This wine is a great intro to the world of Greek red wines," says Horn. It's sometimes referred to as the "Greek Pinot Noir" because it's medium bodied and very versatile with food (and, well, who can quite pronounce aghiorghitiko?). "It pairs well with white meats and game, and can also work nicely with bold seafood dishes," Horn says.
Kristin Donnelly is a former Food & Wine editor and cofounder of Stewart & Claire, an all-natural line of lip balms made in Brooklyn.