- Best New Butter
- A Trio of Costco Cheeses
- Toasted Sesame Oil: Finishing Oil for Vegetables and Fish
- Delicious Dukkah
- A Snappy Dog
- A New Foray into Pop Culture
- Olive Oil Primer: Healthy Smoke in a Bottle
- Amazing Spices, Sold in Just the Right Amounts
- Pistachio Love
- Apple Pie for Breakfast, PB&J Porridge and More New Takes on Hot Grain Cereals
F&W food editors apply their incredible cooking knowledge to explaining what to do with a variety of interesting ingredients.
This football season, my go-to snack is going to be blue cheese popcorn, thanks to the folks at Oregon’s Rogue Creamery. They’ve been making delicious cheese since the ’30s, but they just started selling their awesome blue cheese in powder form, for sprinkling on anything and everything from chicken wings and burgers to eggs and french fries. I like it best on freshly popped popcorn tossed with just enough extra-virgin olive oil to help the salty, savory, umami-rich powder stick. It’s available at specialty food shops and online from www.roguecreamery.com ($10 for 3 ounces).