- Fight Scurvy with Ceviche
- 5 Survival Soups
- Kevin Gillespie Really, Really Likes Beans
- Dale Talde’s Retro Sugar Fix
- Guy Savoy’s Luxe Last Meal
- Zak Pelaccio’s Giant End-of-the-World Backpack
- Mike Brown’s Emergency Tortilla Plan
- Chef Russell Moore’s Booze-pocalypse
- Tyler Brown’s Well-Seasoned Survival Kit
- James Winberg’s End of the World Plan
Chef Jasper White of Summer Shack in Cambridge, Massachusetts, wants to go out in style and on his own terms.
F&W asked chefs around the country how they would prepare for an apocalyptic situation, à la The Road. Some went for luxury goods—others focused on survival.
Chef Jasper White of Summer Shack in Cambridge, Massachusetts, wants to go out in style and on his own terms. If he could take only one backpack of supplies, “I’d fill the whole thing with caviar and bread and butter,” he says. “It might get a little expensive. But I wouldn’t take seafood because it gets smelly in a day. I’d fill it with ice and caviar. When the caviar’s gone I’ll kill myself.”