- 5 Great Bottles for Riesling Fanatics
- Meet the Women Running This Year's Food Book Fair
- Sean Brock Curating Taste Talks and Bringing Fried Chicken and Whiskey to Brooklyn
- Why Txakoli is Taking North Carolina by Storm
- Guess Who's Coming to Dinner at the 11th Euphoria Festival?
- Party Like Nancy Reagan by Raiding This Extravagant Christie's Auction
- Last Call: Alex Raij and Eder Montero Are Making Poole's Diner-Inspired Tapas Tonight
- Party for a Cause at Chris Shepherd’s Southern Smoke
- Go Hog Wild at the NC Barbecue Revival This Weekend
- What Happens When a Street Food Hawker and a Fine Dining Chef Make Dinner?
These days, Gail Simmons is all about dessert—look for her fabulous new Top Chef spinoff, Just Desserts, this fall. But tonight (Thursday, May 13), Gail is taking a break from sweets to host a fantastic charity party at Housing Works Bookstore Café in Manhattan’s Soho. (We especially love that because F&W's July Chefs issue is devoted to charity.) For the event, called A Taste of Home, Gail is bringing along a bunch of great NYC chefs, including Elizabeth Karmel of Hill Country Barbecue, Brad Farmerie of Public and Double Crown, Alex Guarnaschelli of Butter restaurant and Michael Anthony of Gramercy Tavern (or, as Gail refers to him, "the legendary Mike Anthony"). There’s also wine, beer and Intelligentsia coffee.
The party starts at 7 p.m., tickets are just $60 and proceeds go to help AIDS patients and the homeless. Everyone come.