- 20+ Delicious Emmy Awards Cocktails and Snacks
- More on Mario’s Super Bowl Super Party
- What Happens When a Street Food Hawker and a Fine Dining Chef Make Dinner?
- Go Hog Wild at the NC Barbecue Revival This Weekend
- Party for a Cause at Chris Shepherd’s Southern Smoke
- Last Call: Alex Raij and Eder Montero Are Making Poole's Diner-Inspired Tapas Tonight
- Party Like Nancy Reagan by Raiding This Extravagant Christie's Auction
- Guess Who's Coming to Dinner at the 11th Euphoria Festival?
- Tim Love Cooks for Rock Stars
- 5 Great Bottles for Riesling Fanatics
These days, Gail Simmons is all about dessert—look for her fabulous new Top Chef spinoff, Just Desserts, this fall. But tonight (Thursday, May 13), Gail is taking a break from sweets to host a fantastic charity party at Housing Works Bookstore Café in Manhattan’s Soho. (We especially love that because F&W's July Chefs issue is devoted to charity.) For the event, called A Taste of Home, Gail is bringing along a bunch of great NYC chefs, including Elizabeth Karmel of Hill Country Barbecue, Brad Farmerie of Public and Double Crown, Alex Guarnaschelli of Butter restaurant and Michael Anthony of Gramercy Tavern (or, as Gail refers to him, "the legendary Mike Anthony"). There’s also wine, beer and Intelligentsia coffee.
The party starts at 7 p.m., tickets are just $60 and proceeds go to help AIDS patients and the homeless. Everyone come.