- 7 Sparkling Oscar Night Cocktails
- Liquid Diet: Sommelier Steven Grubbs Quests for the Perfect Pourover
- 5 Corn Cocktails That Scream Summer
- What to Drink This Valentine's Day
- Cleopatra Had a Secret Drinking Club
- 5 Ways You're Screwing Up Irish Coffee
- Test Your Bartending Mettle at Anvil Bar’s Blind Spirits Tasting
- Red Wine Hot Chocolate is the Boozy Beverage You Need This Winter
- A Vegan Solution for Egg White Cocktails
- What to Drink on St. Patrick's Day (If You Don't Love Whiskey or Beer)
It's not hard to figure out what Atlanta's H&F Bottle Shop will be selling when it opens soon (as in, hopefully, February 21). The store will offer boutique wines and spirits that customers love at Holeman & Finch and Restaurant Eugene, but can’t find anywhere else—items like the house-blended Finch’s gin. Look for in-house wine concierge Ashley Hall, a Kermit Lynch alum, who can do anything from choosing a bottle for a dinner party to building a wine cellar. In the spirit of an apothecary, which the space evokes, the Bottle Shop will also have old-time card catalogues holding wine information and favorite cocktail recipes—maybe chef Linton Hopkin's DCV, a Sidecar like drink you'll also find in the upcoming F&W Cocktails 2011. (You’ll also be able to buy the house-made brandied cherries that garnish the drink, as well as other condiments and H&F's amazing Bloody Mary mix.) And if you come prepared with a cocktail-inspired playlist, the staff might let you play with the albums and turntable in the back of the store.
Inside H&F Bottle Shop in Atlanta.