- Editor's Choice: F&W's 10 Best Dessert Recipes of 2015
- The Best New Gift for Gin Drinkers
- The Baller Way to Travel to Pebble Beach Food & Wine
- Now You Can Buy The Meatball Shop’s Awesome Tomato Sauce
- F&W Taste Test: Best Caramel Sauces
- Top 10 Food Products of 2012
- Editor Picks: Top 5 Coffee Splurges of 2012
- Bid Now in MOFAD’s Epic Online Auction
- You Can Now Buy Some of the World’s Best Sashimi-Grade Fish Online
- These Ultra-Cool EVERCUT Knives Will Stay Sharp for 25 Years
What's so great about these recipes? We'd make them all again and again not because they are gluten free, but just because they're delicious.
What's so great about these recipes? We'd make them all again and again not because they are gluten free, but just because they're delicious. We've tried tons of baked goods in the past few years from local gluten-free bakeries, and more often than not, we've been disappointed. That's why we're thrilled to have such awesome gluten-free recipes for baked goods on our site.
1. Silvana's Kitchen Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour
Blogger Silvana Nardone's gluten-free flour mixture is amazing. It's like a homemade version of Cup4Cup. You can use it as a swap in almost any baking recipe.
2. Honey Nuts and Oats Gluten-Free Sandwich Bread
This perfectly chewy gluten-free sandwich bread is brushed with honey to create a lightly sweet crust.
3. Salted Caramel Cheesecake
Michael Moorhouse sprinkles crunchy bits of fleur de sel on his moist, intensely flavored cheesecake topped with thick, golden caramel.
4. Gluten-Free Pumpkin-Ginger Cupcakes
These supermoist, gluten-free cupcakes have terrific pumpkin flavor and an irresistible topping of fluffy, creamy frosting and golden caramel sauce.
5. Hazelnut-Brown-Butter Brownies
“In Japan I got into all different flours, like roasted soy flour,” says Stella Parks. “Then I thought, Why not use nut flour to make gluten-free brownies?”
6. Lemon-Poppy Seed Buttermilk Pancakes
One editor said these light but chewy pancakes should be called “awesomecakes (that just happen to be gluten-free).”
7. Fudgy Chocolate-Walnut Cookies
New York pastry chef François Payard's divinely gooey chocolate cookies are flourless.
8. Gluten-Free Almond Cake
Belinda Leong doesn't intentionally make virtuous desserts, but this cake just happens to be gluten-free. It has a remarkable, light texture and an intense almond flavor.
9. Chocolate Macarons
These sandwich cookies get plenty of rich chocolate flavor from cocoa powder and an intense ganache filling.
10. Hot Cocoa Cupcakes with Marshmallow Frosting
These rich chocolate cupcakes are mounted with a fluffy marshmallow-esque meringue frosting.
11. Frosted Brownie Cookies
Fudgy, chocolaty and huge, these cookies are for people who like decadent, over-the-top desserts.
12. Ultimate Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
These gluten-free chocolate chip cookies are deliciously crisp.
13. Flax-Coconut Pancakes
Elisabeth Prueitt always mixes ground flax into her pancake batter. “I've never felt great about the low nutritional value of pancakes—it's like eating cake for breakfast—but the flax adds fiber, omega-3s and minerals,” she says.
14. Crunchy Peanut Butter Cookies
Peanut butter binds these supernutty flourless cookies.
15. Brutti Ma Buoni
These crunchy-chewy cookies, sold at bakeries all over Lazio, are called brutti ma buoni in Italian, or "ugly but good."
16. Matcha-Macaron Ice Cream Sandwiches
These ice cream sandwiches layer store-bought green-tea and vanilla ice creams on crispy, chewy green tea macarons.
17. Pine Nut-Almond Macaroons
These are classic southern Italian cookies—chewy almond macaroons covered with pine nuts.
18. Coconut Macaroons
These sweet and chewy two-bite macaroons have only five ingredients (not including the delicious bittersweet-chocolate drizzle).
19. Coconut Pistachio Meringues
Delicate and substantial at the same time, Nick Malgieri's pistachio-topped coconut meringues are chewy on the inside and crisp on the outside.