- The Chefs Behind Portland's Ox Talk Ecuadorian Food and Easy Bake Ovens
- Matt McCallister on Cooking with Christmas Trees
- Why Justin Yu Loves Chicken Feet
- Dave Beran on Fast Cars and Daiquiris
- Eli Kulp on Picking his Own Mushrooms
- Matthew Accarrino Enjoys Bourbon and Very Old Pumpkins
- Cara Stadler on Why Chopsticks are Indispensable in the Kitchen
- Paul Qui on Costco Cooking and His Favorite Hot Sauce
- Walker Stern and Joe Ogrodnek on Copper Pots and Deceptively Simple Dishes
- Why Ari Taymor Adds Citrus to Everything
On Tuesday, July 1, F&W BNC 2014 Matt McCallister will depart from his typical tasting-menu format to serve a family-style meal featuring dishes at Harry's Pizzeria in Miami.
F&W Best New Chef 2014 Matt McCallister is having a busy June. He hit the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen, where he somehow had time to do a little white-water rafting with fellow BNC Paul Qui, he developed a new menu for his Dallas restaurant FT33 and now he’s preparing to fly out to Miami where he will host a pop-up dinner at Michael Schwartz's Harry’s Pizzeria.
On Tuesday, July 1, McCallister will depart from his typical tasting-menu format to serve a family-style meal featuring dishes cooked in Harry’s wood-fired oven—like whole roast fish, a roasted salad (left) and a pizza with toppings TBD (he’s waiting to see what the local markets have to offer). McCallister will buy all of his produce in Miami—the only thing he’s bringing is a parsnip velouté, since the root vegetable doesn’t grow well in Florida’s hot climate.
Check out the full menu below (it includes a dish made with McCallister’s extra-intense smoked-tallow mayo—awesome) and buy tickets here.
Gin–passion fruit old-fashioned
Chicken liver mousse on toast
Roasted baby carrot and benne seed
Blistered tomatoes, confit potatoes, beets, kale salsa verde, roasted summer squash, smoked squash velouté, mint pistou
Ricotta gnocchi, preserved parsnip, confit ramps, upland cress
Chicken, coconut, tomatoes, basil, green papaya
Grass-fed beef bavette
Whole roast fish with citrus grilled okra in togarashi, smoked-tallow mayo, roasted Chinese long bean, garlic, benne seed
Sorghum-glazed, hearth-roasted peach with thyme ice cream