- 3 Best-Ever Sweater-Weather Reds
- A Winemaker’s Secret Inexpensive Go-To Sparkler
- A Go-To Cocktail Party Red
- A Napa Valley Sommelier’s Go-To
- A Chardonnay for Relaxing on the Couch
- Pinot Noir’s Next Hot Region?
- Greece's Answer to Pinot Noir
- An $11 Spanish Red Made from a Grape You've Never Heard Of
- My First House White
- 3 Terrific Wines to Pair with Short Ribs
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Brad Ball, proprietor and wine director, Social Wine Bar, Charleston, South Carolina
Why: “This medium-bodied wine is the perfect fall red, brimming with bright red fruits of pomegranate and red cherry, and intense floral notes of rose petal and geranium,” says Brad Ball. The wine is produced from the indigenous Mencía grape, which grows on some of the most dramatic vineyards in the world in northwest Spain. “It’s also just straight up delicious!” he says.