- A Go-To Wine Pairing for Pulled Pork
- A Chardonnay for Relaxing on the Couch
- 3 Bottles From France’s Best Value Region
- 5 Wines to Pair with Roast Chicken
- A Red That Can Pair with Asparagus
- The Best Wines to Pair with Mac and Cheese
- 3 Best-Ever Sweater-Weather Reds
- A Winemaker’s Secret Inexpensive Go-To Sparkler
- A California Wine with Rhône-Inspired Finesse
- A Loire Chenin Blanc that Over-delivers
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Brad Ball, proprietor and wine director, Social Wine Bar, Charleston, South Carolina
Why: “This medium-bodied wine is the perfect fall red, brimming with bright red fruits of pomegranate and red cherry, and intense floral notes of rose petal and geranium,” says Brad Ball. The wine is produced from the indigenous Mencía grape, which grows on some of the most dramatic vineyards in the world in northwest Spain. “It’s also just straight up delicious!” he says.