- The Best Wines to Pair with Mac and Cheese
- A Go-To Wine Pairing for Pulled Pork
- A Chardonnay for Relaxing on the Couch
- A Red That Can Pair with Asparagus
- A Fruity, Floral Red from Spain’s Ribeira Sacra
- 3 Best-Ever Sweater-Weather Reds
- A Winemaker’s Secret Inexpensive Go-To Sparkler
- 3 Bottles From France’s Best Value Region
- 5 Wines to Pair with Roast Chicken
- 3 Wines to Pair with Beef Stew
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Mark Wrobel, beverage buyer and educator at Pastoral Artisan Cheese, Bread & Wine and Bar Pastoral in Chicago
What: 2011 Domaine Mas Dieu Erau Cabernet Sauvignon, Languedoc, France
Why: "Erau is a great introduction to the lighter side of Cabernet Sauvignon," says Mark Wrobel. While the wine is brimming with the red currant and black cherry flavors that are normally associated with Cab, this wine also has savory notes and bright acidity. All of this and it's organically farmed.