- 11 Super-Melty-Cheesy Dishes for a Snow Day
- Five Essential Tips for Feeding Your Dad on Father's Day
- 9 Things To Do with Poblanos
- Winter Vegetable Pasta with Dolcetto
- 10 Game-Day Snacks That Will Win Any World Cup Viewing Party
- 7 Super-Easy Tapas Recipes
- National Doughnut Day
- Beyond Hot Wings: 11 Crazy Foods to Buffalo for the Super Bowl
- Potato Chip-Crusted Chicken for Picnic Day
- 5 Ways to Transform Thanksgiving Mashed Potatoes
Chicken Dance spotlights a fantastic Food & Wine chicken recipe every day.
© Frances Janisch
Fried Chicken Sandwich
The fourth Earl of Sandwich, John Montagu, accomplished many things during his tenure, including funding Captain Cook’s discovery of the Sandwich Islands (now known as Hawaii). But he is most credited with inventing the sandwich. A gambler, Montagu would supposedly miss formal meals while occupied at the card table, and order servants to fetch him a piece of salt beef between two slices of toasted bread. National Sandwich Day honors Montagu's birthday on November 3, 1718. Thankfully, we’ve come up with a lot more creative fillings since then, as in this panko-crusted fried chicken sandwich topped with artichoke tapenade.