- 5 Rule-Breaking Winemakers to Know
- 10 Wines Under $20
- 3 Eastern European Wines to Try
- Addicted to Snacking
- The Best Snacks to Discover in a Brown Paper Bag
- Brunch-Inspired Cocktails
- Watch Out Pancakes, Here Comes the Waffle Revolution
- L.A.'s Best Vegetable-Forward Restaurants
- Jean-Georges Vongerichten's Healthy Tonics
- 8 Great Food Markets and Halls
Homemade cheese is showing up at restaurants around the country.
A commitment to dairy is raising restaurants' DIY game.
Cream cheese: A base for strawberry sherbet and pistachio cake (above) at Harvest in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Mozzarella: Hand-pulled, it tops pies at Tony's Pizza Napoletana in San Francisco.
American cheese: Comes melted over the marrow-infused burger at Chicago's The Loyalist.
Ricotta: An accent to cavatelli pasta with fried arugula at Kali in Los Angeles.
Cottage cheese: Served with roasted peaches, mint and honey at The 404 Kitchen in Nashville.
Fromage Blanc: Combined with fresh figs at Tilth in Seattle.