- 5 Ways to Hack a Wine List
- 3 B&Bs to Stay at Now
- 5 Lessons for Surviving Your 20s—and Eating Well Along the Way
- 5 Rule-Breaking Winemakers to Know
- Why Tahini is Having a Moment
- 4 European Hotels with Immersive Cooking Classes
- 5 Offal Dishes to Try Now
- 3 Offbeat Wine Lists to Try
- San Francisco's Restaurant Revival
- Bucatini is the New Black
Homemade cheese is showing up at restaurants around the country.
A commitment to dairy is raising restaurants' DIY game.
Cream cheese: A base for strawberry sherbet and pistachio cake (above) at Harvest in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
Mozzarella: Hand-pulled, it tops pies at Tony's Pizza Napoletana in San Francisco.
American cheese: Comes melted over the marrow-infused burger at Chicago's The Loyalist.
Ricotta: An accent to cavatelli pasta with fried arugula at Kali in Los Angeles.
Cottage cheese: Served with roasted peaches, mint and honey at The 404 Kitchen in Nashville.
Fromage Blanc: Combined with fresh figs at Tilth in Seattle.