- Wine vs. Cod Liver Oil, You Decide
- Batali Disciple in Cartagena
- 25 Reasons to Love the Spoon: Incredible Stews, Stocks, and Chili Recipes
- World's Best Oatmeal
- Exposing Kids to Milk and Peanuts Could Prevent Allergies Later in Life
- The Perfect Miami Beach Food Weekend Part One
- Another Reason to Drink Pisco
- Would You Drink 200-Year-Old Cognac?
- First Sip: Lucid Absinthe
- St. George Absinthe: Now With 60 Percent More Cowbell!
© Forks Over Knives
Forks Over Knives asserts that diseases like diabetes, hypertension and cancer can be treated—even reversed—through a whole-foods, plant-based diet. The film follows a group of individuals, including the film’s director Lee Fulkerson, as they undergo radical diet changes to combat high cholesterol and cardiovascular disease. The participants shed pounds and find new levels of energy: one breast cancer survivor in her seventies is now a six-time Ironman triathlon finisher. I was inspired by the message that we can control our own health through our diets. Even former President Bill Clinton is a believer: Motivated by the researchers profiled in the film, he recently cut out meat and dairy and lost 24 pounds.