- Quinoa Sauté with Grüner Veltliner
- How to Pair Kale Salad with Wine
- Live-to-100 Salad with Pinot Gris
- Flank Steak Lettuce Cups with Lightly Sweet Riesling
- Why Your Winter Salad Needs Lentils (and Wine)
- 7 Ways to Serve Clams
- Tomatillo Chicken Stew with Sauvignon Blanc
- 8 Ways to Use Apples
- The Ultimate Wine Party Snack
- Broccoli Sandwich with a Bright, Crisp White
Bored with their intense daily routine of G.T.L. (Gym. Tan. Laundry.), Mike “The Situation” and DJ Pauly D from MTV’s Jersey Shore decided to play practical jokes on their sleeping roommates, Nicole “Snooki” and Vinny, by hiding smelly foods in their bedrooms.
© Tina Rupp
Since pickles are Snooki’s favorite food (“Pickles is my thing,” she says), The Situation figures that she’ll probably like “the nice aroma” of the pickle slices he scatters around her room. “Yeah, she likes pickles in her mouth, but pickles in her nose is just as good,” he says.
Under Vinny’s bed, The Situation places a bowl with a special concoction he calls “Haterade.” “Vinny's been hating on me, and he always talks about me behind my back like a rat, so I decided to get some parmesan cheese, add a little milk, a little Caesar dressing, a tiny bit of mayo and a little bit of Snooki's pickle juice,” he says.
Here are some recipes for pickles and creamy dressings that are too good to hide:
Garlicky Chile Pickles
Winey Briny Quick Pickles
Spicy Dill Quick Pickles (pictured)
Creamy Feta Vinaigrette
Tangy Ranch Dressing
Creamy Herb Dressing