- Why Girl Versus Dough Loves Loaded Baked Potato Bread
- Finally, We Spotlight a Guy
- Top with Cinnamon on Blogging Between Homework
- This Sweets-Obsessed Blogger Writes Amazing Dairy-Free Recipes
- The Year in Food on Her Secret Vegetable Sauce
- The First Mess on the World's Healthiest Tea and 20-Minute Meals
- How to Cook from Vintage Recipes
- Advice from a Master
- One Blogger's Beautifully Messy Site
- It Turns Out, There is Such a Thing as Chinese Cheese
Blogger Nik Sharma of A Brown Table shares his favorite chicken curry and a pumpkin recipe with Indian flavor.
Here, the blogs you should be reading right now, with recipes and tips from their creators.
The Blog: Nik Sharma of A Brown Table grew up in Bombay (“I still find it hard to say Mumbai,” he says) with a North Indian father and a Goan mother. Now, as a food photographer in San Francisco, he focuses on the diversity of Indian food and seasonal produce. He is just as comfortable cooking his father’s favorite dishes, like dum aloo and tandoori chicken as he is his mother’s coconut curries and sweets, like her Baath cake.
Here, his easiest recipes.
“1. A personal favorite is my Slow-Cooker Goan Chicken Coconut Curry; the cooker saves me a lot of time.
2. I love eating plain yogurt and this Pumpkin Raita is one of my go-to dishes every fall.
3. When it comes to breakfast, I lean toward savory dishes. I often make these Chickpea Scallion Pancakes, which are similar to crêpes.
4. I love baking, and preparing frozen desserts such as this Masala Chai Ice Cream.
5. These Turmeric Spice-Seed Almond Cookies go well with the ice cream.”
Nik’s reading list:
“I have an unabashed weakness for desserts and I get my sugar fix from some of my favorites, which include Call Me Cupcake, The Vanilla Bean Blog, Une Gamine dans la Cuisine and The Bojon Gourmet. Some days, I spend hours happily scrolling through the beautiful and mesmerizing photography of Matt Bites, Brooklyn Supper, Nothing but Delicious and Local Milk, each of whom has taught me so much. Then there’s Top with Cinnamon and My Name is Yeh, whose positive energy and enthusiasm are always fun to read.”
Kristin Donnelly is a former Food & Wine editor and author of the forthcoming The Modern Potluck (Clarkson Potter, 2016). She is also the cofounder of Stewart & Claire, an all-natural line of lip balms made in Brooklyn.