- Now There's a Meal Kit Service for Babies
- The Wahlbergs Are Being Sued for Expanding Their Wahlburgers Chain
- Why Are Chefs Obsessed with This One Japanese Mayo?
- One Fifth of the World's Food Goes to Waste
- Is Soft Jazz the Secret to Great Goat Cheese?
- Hugh Acheson Unveils His Upcoming Slow Cooker Cookbook
- Here's a New Way to Spend $100,000 on Wine
- Scientists Create Fast-Growing, Weatherproof Broccoli
- This Grocery Store Fuels its Delivery Trucks with Food Waste
- Dozens of Workers Fired After Protesting on 'Day Without Immigrants'
At the F&W Classic in Aspen last week, chef Traci Des Jardins announced details of her anticipated restaurant at the Ritz-Carlton Highlands Lake Tahoe, including the name—Manzanita. And other facts: opening date (December 9); number of seats (94 in the restaurant and 70-odd in the bar); some of the dishes on the California mountain menu (grilled cheese with a daily changing cheese selection, rotisserie quail with bread salad and pancetta, red-wine-braised short ribs with horseradish-mashed potatoes). We’ve loved Traci since she was an F&W Best New Chef back in 1995, but this could be her best food to date. Traci, who’s done runs in Tahoe for 20-something years, says she never cooks better than after a big day of skiing.