- 20+ Delicious Emmy Awards Cocktails and Snacks
- 5 Dreamy Late-Night Snacks From Bar Tartine's Cortney Burns
- The Chef Diet: Beautiful Salads and Indulgent Desserts
- Genius Game Day Snack: Khe-Yo's Sesame Beef Jerky
- F&W Joins Forces with Instagram on the First #FWCookbook
- Follow the #FWFesties for Sun, Fun and Lots of Feasting at the Cayman Cookout
- The Little Trick to Eating Ramen That Will Change Your Slurping Game
- There’s No Poutine at the Highly Anticipated Riel, Opening Next Week
- What Happens When the Man Behind Sushi Nakazawa Takes on NYC Icon Chumley’s
- 7 Odd Kitchen Gadgets Chefs Can’t Live Without
Courtesy of Alanna Hale
Now that summer’s over, it’s time to turn our attention to more pressing issues. Specifically Le Fooding’s Brooklyn Fling and what all the outstanding chefs like Charleston’s Sean Brock and Sweden’s Magnus Nilsson are going to be cooking at the festival, which runs September 19–23. A few weeks ago, we got a preview of the Nighthawk brunch from top Paris chef Iñaki Aizpitarte.
And now we’re getting more information about the menu for one of the most anticipated events, the Campfire Session #2, on the evening of September 23. The event is a mash-up of fab international chefs with stars of Williamsburg's Brooklyn Flea for brilliant twists on the market’s food.
Right here we’ve got the menu for Mission Chinese’s Danny Bowien, who is cooking with pop-up-pie star PizzaMoto.
Here’s what the Bowien-styled pizzas will look like:
Kung Pao Pastrami Pizza with corned beef, dried red chiles and Spanish peanuts
Vegetarian Pizza with scallions, garlic, tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and Japanese eggplant Thrice Cooked Bacon Pizza with Champagne vinegar, pineapple, Benton's bacon, Calabrian chiles and Chinese mustard greens
And as a reminder, here are details for Le Fooding’s Campfire #2.
When September Sunday, September 23, in the pm
Where Brooklyn Flea, Williamsburg
Lineup of Williamsburg stars + their guests
*The Meat Hook + Iñaki Aizpitarte (Le Chateaubriand, Paris)
*Mile End Delicatessen (Brooklyn) + Isaac McHale and James Lowe (the Young Turks of London)
*Choncho's Taco + Fredrik Berselius (from Frej, Brooklyn)
*Brooklyn Bangers by Saul Bolton + Daniel Rose (Spring, Paris)
*PizzaMoto + Danny Bowien (Mission Chinese)
*Dessert by Pierre Hermé (the “Picasso of Pastry,” according to French Vogue)
*Added bonus: The Fat Radish in the VIP area!
How Tickets at legrandfooding.com. Don’t forget that 20 percent of the proceeds go to Action against Hunger.
Extra added bonus: Jameson cocktails from Maison Premier's Maxwell Britten.