- Jeremy Fox Announces Tour for His New Cookbook
- Ina Garten Explains Why She's Never Had Kids with Her Husband Jeffrey
- Why a Chicago Chef's Restaurant is Named After a Silent Artist
- Jean-Georges Vongerichten Makes It Grain at His New NYC Vegetable-Centric Spot, abcV
- Detroit Hotspot Katoi Raises $20,000 After a Devastating Fire
- What's Inside a Hawaiian Wellington?
- Revealed: This Year's James Beard Foundation Awards Restaurant and Chef Semifinalists
- Get ‘Em While They’re Hot: Two Hands in NYC Has Hot Cross Buns for Easter
- Gordon Ramsay Won't Be Leaving His Vast Fortune to Any of His Children
- The Trump Organization Has Settled Its Lawsuit With Chef José Andrés
Courtesy of Alanna Hale
Now that summer’s over, it’s time to turn our attention to more pressing issues. Specifically Le Fooding’s Brooklyn Fling and what all the outstanding chefs like Charleston’s Sean Brock and Sweden’s Magnus Nilsson are going to be cooking at the festival, which runs September 19–23. A few weeks ago, we got a preview of the Nighthawk brunch from top Paris chef Iñaki Aizpitarte.
And now we’re getting more information about the menu for one of the most anticipated events, the Campfire Session #2, on the evening of September 23. The event is a mash-up of fab international chefs with stars of Williamsburg's Brooklyn Flea for brilliant twists on the market’s food.
Right here we’ve got the menu for Mission Chinese’s Danny Bowien, who is cooking with pop-up-pie star PizzaMoto.
Here’s what the Bowien-styled pizzas will look like:
Kung Pao Pastrami Pizza with corned beef, dried red chiles and Spanish peanuts
Vegetarian Pizza with scallions, garlic, tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and Japanese eggplant Thrice Cooked Bacon Pizza with Champagne vinegar, pineapple, Benton's bacon, Calabrian chiles and Chinese mustard greens
And as a reminder, here are details for Le Fooding’s Campfire #2.
When September Sunday, September 23, in the pm
Where Brooklyn Flea, Williamsburg
Lineup of Williamsburg stars + their guests
*The Meat Hook + Iñaki Aizpitarte (Le Chateaubriand, Paris)
*Mile End Delicatessen (Brooklyn) + Isaac McHale and James Lowe (the Young Turks of London)
*Choncho's Taco + Fredrik Berselius (from Frej, Brooklyn)
*Brooklyn Bangers by Saul Bolton + Daniel Rose (Spring, Paris)
*PizzaMoto + Danny Bowien (Mission Chinese)
*Dessert by Pierre Hermé (the “Picasso of Pastry,” according to French Vogue)
*Added bonus: The Fat Radish in the VIP area!
How Tickets at legrandfooding.com. Don’t forget that 20 percent of the proceeds go to Action against Hunger.
Extra added bonus: Jameson cocktails from Maison Premier's Maxwell Britten.