- Give This Chef Caviar or Give Him Death
- Dale Talde’s Retro Sugar Fix
- Guy Savoy’s Luxe Last Meal
- Zak Pelaccio’s Giant End-of-the-World Backpack
- Mike Brown’s Emergency Tortilla Plan
- Chef Russell Moore’s Booze-pocalypse
- Tyler Brown’s Well-Seasoned Survival Kit
- James Winberg’s End of the World Plan
- Chris Pandel’s End-of-the-World Pigs
- Kevin Gillespie Really, Really Likes Beans
Chef Susan Spicer knows how to fight scurvy with fish.
F&W asked chefs around the country how they would prepare for an apocalyptic situation, à la The Road. Some went for luxury goods—others focused on survival.
Chef Susan Spicer of Bayona and Mondo in New Orleans would pack lime and chiles in the hopes that she would find some fish and make ceviche. “At least I wouldn’t get scurvy,” she says. Start practicing your own scurvy-prevention ceviche at home with these delicious recipes.