- The Best Wines to Pair with Mac and Cheese
- A Go-To Wine Pairing for Pulled Pork
- A Chardonnay for Relaxing on the Couch
- 3 Bottles From France’s Best Value Region
- 5 Wines to Pair with Roast Chicken
- A Red That Can Pair with Asparagus
- A Fruity, Floral Red from Spain’s Ribeira Sacra
- 3 Best-Ever Sweater-Weather Reds
- A Winemaker’s Secret Inexpensive Go-To Sparkler
- A Loire Chenin Blanc that Over-delivers
At Christie’s, Richard Young is used to tasting $500-plus bottles of wine. Here, his $17 pick (that you can sometimes buy for $14).
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Richard Young, associate specialist, Christie’s wine department
Why: “I have a soft spot for wines from the Finger Lakes because I went to school in Ithaca, New York. I really only discovered Ravines when I was looking for a Finger Lakes Riesling to bring to a classmate’s dinner and was blown away with the quality. Even this basic bottling has great acidity and minerality. For some reason, this reminds me of a dry Riesling from Germany’s Rheinhessen, and is definitely a bargain at this price. Who says there are no great American wines outside California?”