- 3 Terrific Wines to Pair with Short Ribs
- An $11 Spanish Red Made from a Grape You've Never Heard Of
- A Red to Drink with Porchetta
- 3 Cheap Wines to Pair with Salads
- 3 Bottles From France’s Best Value Region
- A Côtes du Rhône for Stews and Roasts
- A Malbec That Speaks French
- 5 Wines to Pair with Roast Chicken
- A Stunning $17 White Burgundy
- Lively and Smoky: Red Muscadet
A creatively made (and described) rosé.
Here, wine experts reveal their favorite bottles costing less than $17. Many of the selections are lesser known but absolutely worth the search.
Who: Coly Den Haan, co-owner and sommelier of a wine bar and restaurant, The Must, in downtown Los Angeles
Why: “La Clarine is one of my favorite rosés, and is made with such care and creativity, it’s hard to believe the price. A blend of Syrah and Mourvèdre grown in the Sierra Foothills, this wine is bottled unfiltered and unfined, giving it a complex texture and a watermelon cloud mouthfeel. Don’t let the murky pinkness fool you, this rosé is elegant, bright and unique.”