- Michael Gulotta of MoPho in New Orleans is a 2016 F&W Best New Chef
- Best New Chef Brad Kilgore's 7-Minute Pizza
- Edouardo Jordan of Seattle’s Salare is a 2016 F&W Best New Chef
- Inside this Week's Contra + Gramercy Tavern Dinner
- Ravi Kapur of San Francisco’s Liholiho Yacht Club is a 2016 F&W Best New Chef
- Brad Kilgore of Miami’s Alter is a 2016 F&W Best New Chef
- Iliana Regan of Chicago’s Elizabeth is a 2016 F&W Best New Chef
- Aaron Silverman of DC’s Rose’s Luxury is a 2016 F&W Best New Chef
- Jeremiah Stone and Fabian Von Hauske of NYC’s Contra and Wildair are 2016 F&W Best New Chefs
- Kris Yenbamroong of L.A.’s Night + Market Song is a 2016 F&W Best New Chef
Kitchen Arts & Letters
If there was a pantheon of American gastronomy, Kitchen Arts & Letters bookshop in New York City would be it. It’s where I go when I need inspiration for menus. It’s got more top-level food writing per square foot than anywhere in the country, and probably in the entire world.
We take a lot of staff field trips. We get out in the forest and pick mushrooms, or go meet a cheesemaker. One of my favorites is Meadowset Farm & Apiary in Landenberg, PA. They produce alpine-style sheep-milk cheese, and lamb and honey. Everyone comes back pumped up.
He’s at the top of my list. I appreciate the way he constantly evolves; he’s playing music at a very high level. I feel like there are a lot of parallels between the style of music Beck started out doing in the early ’90s and how he’s changed, and my early career as a cook and where I am now.