- How to Make an Edible Emoji Egg
- How to Make Amazing Fizzy Fruit
- Video: How to Make Incredible Deep-Fried Glassy Nuts
- Watch: Everything You Need to Know About Butchering a Turkey
- How to Make Guacamole's Cousin, Creamy Avocado Purée
- Watch: How to Make the Ultimate Pecan Pie for Thanksgiving
- Video: How to Make a Fizzy Negroni
- Video: How to Make Amazing Everything Bagels at Home
- Do You Know the Difference Between a Macaron and a Macaroon?
- Video: How to Make Amazing Pistachio Macarons
Can a salad be seductive? It can when it's a warm salad, made with jewel-toned radicchio—gently wilted, still a little crunchy—dressed with rich buttermilk, verdant chive oil, and funky blue cheese.
We've partnered with the mad food scientists at ChefSteps to bring their hyper-inventive cooking videos to F&W readers. Here, the team that worked with Nathan Myrhvold to create the magnum opus Modernist Cuisine shares an incredible food experiment.
Can a salad be seductive? It can when it's a warm salad, made with jewel-toned radicchio—gently wilted, still a little crunchy—dressed with rich buttermilk, verdant chive oil, and funky blue cheese. We heat the radicchio in the microwave to achieve that perfect in-between texture; toasted hazelnuts bring deep, nutty flavor and more satisfying crunch.
For an extra-sexy starter, freeze the cheese in advance, then shave curls of it over the salad just before serving. Fresh oysters? Forget about it. This is the dish to get things going.
Equipment: Blender, freezer